Filipova Hora
crossroads · 1902, 344 01 Tlumačov, Czech Republic
  • Story
  • Place

Not even the occupiers were allowed to enter the border zone

Available in: English | Česky

In August 1968, Dalibor Plšek was serving as an officer in a company of the border guard in Maxov. When Soviet troops started to arrived at the border between the village of Mlýneček and the village of Filipova hora, he stopped them and told the Soviet commander that they could not go any further. He explained that the sign read “Entering the border zone allowed only with a permit.” He asked if the Soviets had this permit, called a “bumážka.” After the Russian replied that they didn’t have a permit, Dalibor responded that the border guard was responsible for the border zone and that nothing requiring military action was happening there. He told the Russian occupiers to return to the interior, which they actually did.

Dalibor Plšek

Dalibor Plšek

Dalibor Plšek was born on 4 October, 1939, in Zlín. He was an oil and gas well driller by profession. Since 1958, he served as a border guard. He graduated from a NCO school in Lipová near Šluknov and later attended a military school in Bruntál. Thereafter, he served with the 9th brigade of the border guard in Domažlice. He was stationed in several companies of the border guard, for instance in Lesní Louka, Bystřice and Maxov. He also worked as the quartermaster of the brigade in Domažlice. After his dismissal from the border guard, he made a living as a driver for the company Zelenina (“Vegetables”) in Plzeň. Since 1980, he worked as a security officer at the District Institute of National Health in Domažlice. In 1990, he joined the border guard (at that point called the border-protection authority), serving at its headquarters in Domažliceích as a spokesman and the deputy of social and personal affairs. After the border guard was dissolved in 1992, he transferred to the immigration police. He retired in 2000.

Filipova Hora

Available in: English | Česky

A small village in the the Bohemian Forest region (Šumava). Nowadays, it belongs to the municipality of Tlumačov village.

Memory of Nations Places Mobile App
Get the app for free in your mobile app store!