Maxov, company
An original company of the Border Guard · 190, 344 01 Všeruby, Czech Republic
  • Story
  • Place

A meeting at the border

Available in: English | Česky

Dalibor Plšek, an officer of the border guard, was out on patrol with another colleague of his, inspecting the border signs and moving along the state border nearby Maxov. They reached a remote area called “U Singra,” where a German peasant had a farm and a little refreshment stand for the occasional visitor. It was a hot July day and two members of the German Grenzpolizei were drinking beer at the stand. They invited their Czechoslovak colleagues to join them. However, as this was contradictory to the regulations, Dalibor refused the invitation of the Germans and continued his work. Nevertheless, the innocent incident had unpleasant implications for him. His colleague informed the counterintelligence service about the incident and Dalibor became suspected because he spoke German. Finally, however, he was able to explain everything.

Dalibor Plšek

Dalibor Plšek

He was born on 4 October, 1939, in Zlín. He was an oil and gas well driller by profession. Since 1958, he served in the border guard. He graduated from a NCO school in Lipová near Šluknov and later attended a military school of the border guard in Bruntál. Thereafter he served with the 9th brigade of the border guard in Domažlice. He was stationed in several companies of the border guard, for instance in Lesní Louka, Bystřice, and Maxov. He also worked as the quartermaster of the brigade in Domažlice. After his dismissal from the border guard, he made a living as a driver in the national company Zelenina, (“Vegetables”), in Plzeň. Since 1980, he worked as a security officer at the District Institute of National Health in Domažlice. In 1990, he joined the border guard, (transformed to the border-protection authority), again, serving at its headquarters in Domažliceích as a deputy for social and personal affairs and a spokesman. After the border guard was dissolved in 1992, he transferred to the immigration police. He retired in 2000.

Maxov, company

Available in: English | Česky

The 18th company of the 9th brigade of the Border Guard Poběžovice was stationed in Maxov in the 1950s. Originally, the company was in the middle of the village; later on a new base for the company was constructed on a hill above the village. To this day, a part of the signal wall from the Iron Curtain can be seen in the fence of a wood processing company.

Maxov, company

On this place

A meeting at the border

A meeting at the border

Dalibor Plšek
Intruders Hiding in Trees above the Border Guard

Intruders Hiding in Trees above the Border Guard

Jiří Minařík
Memory of Nations Places Mobile App
Get the app for free in your mobile app store!